Paragon Janus-24 kiln
The new Paragon Janus-series kilns can fire both pottery and glass. Heating elements are mounted in the top and sidewalls. Select between glass and pottery with the flip of a switch. With the switch in the glass position, heat comes from the top elements and the middle sidewall element. With the switch in the pottery position, heat comes from only the sidewall elements.
In the glass mode, fuse and sag large glass projects placed on a single shelf. In the pottery mode, fire to cone 10 (2350F). You can also fire several shelves of smaller glass pieces using the pottery mode. The elements in the lid/roof are mounted in a firebrick ?????????¢ç?????ball groove that eliminates element pins. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins. The groove dissipates heat efficiently.
The lid on the Janus-23 and Janus-27 top-loading kilns are easy to lift with the exclusive, patented Paragon spring counter-balance. The LiteLid reduces the strain body from te of the lid. This lengthens the life of the firebricks. The LiteLid eliminates cumbersome pulleys and ropes. For easier maintenance, we use 2 high blank wall bricks in the top row of the Janus-23 and Janus-27. Since the brick is without element grooves, it is less susceptible to damage during loading. The patented control box on the Janus-23 and Janus-27 opens forward for easy maintenance. A folding support arm holds the box in the open position.
* Digital Sentry 2.0 controller includes Cone-Fire mode with programmed slow cooling and 18-Segment Ramp-Hold mode. Manufactured by the Orton Ceramic Foundation exclusively for Paragon.
* Glass/pottery selection switch
* 3 insulating refractory firebrick walls
* Janus-24: Operate the door latch with one hand.
* Sidewall elements in dropped, recessed brick grooves are easy to replace.
* Tapered peepholes for a wide view
* A steel floor pan supports the entire brick bottom of each kear limited warranty
* Available in 240, 200, 208, or 380 volt, 50 or 60 hertz, single or 3 phase.
* Janus-24 and Janus-27: easy-access control box with folding support arm.
* Since Janus kilns are designed for porcelain, they also easily fire ceramics, china paint, decals, gold and, of course, glass.
* Lock-in lid support on the Janus-1613
* Ventilated base in the Janus-24 front-loader
* Hand lifts
* Heavy duty elements
# 240 volts
# Max. Temp.: 2350F
# Interior: 24 W x 15 H x 22 D
# 4.68 cubic feet
# Shipping Weight: 397 lbs.
# Exterior Dimensions: 40 W x 32 D x 29 H
# Amps: 45
# Watts: 10,800
# NEMA Config.: 6-50R
Note: The Janus-24 is similar to the kiln pictured.
For more information, please visit this products webpage.